9.09.2010

going once, going twice ...

... and sold! Remember that antique chest of drawers that I painted red then antiqued with a dark walnut stain? Check this out to see what I'm talking about. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I sold that bad boy on craigslist in one short day! Steve thinks that I sold myself short. He suggested that I market my items as functional pieces of art. The purchaser isn't just buying furniture. They are investing in a piece of art into which I poured my blood sweat and tears! (ok, only in SOME did I invest my blood and tears. Mostly just sweat. Is that gross?) Honestly, I'm not too concerned with it all because it is more than likely the first and last piece I will sell. Although, I have to admit that craigslist is full of shopping adventure and wonder! Maybe even a little bit of angst as well.
All day long I was battling thoughts of some crazy person calling me up saying they wanted the dresser, but really they were going to come to my house and kidnap me. True story. I've heard of this happening before. But yet, here I am writing to you (knowing you will read this and identify with having thought the very same things!!!). I must say that making this one sale has been the short lived highlight of my day. Short lived because I currently feel like what a hangover supposedly feels like due to my 5am rising to work out with my sisterfriend Julie. I love her. I like to work out. I do not love the after effects of working out at 5am.
I will however appreciate being in shape when Steve and I begin trying to have kids. And I did enjoy creating something in which someone else delighted. For now, though, I'll focus my hope and energy on teaching voice. What a joy!

2 comments:

  1. I've accepted that working out super early is the best way for me to get it done. I definitely dont always love getting up during one of the f-hours (four or five, of course), but I do love the feeling of knowing my daily workout will be finished by 7:00. It is kind of nice to watch a day being born before you, though...that's worth getting out of bed for me. Sunrises are pretty cool.

    Life is all about trade-offs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Camie! It's Kellie, just found your blog, cool! I've been keeping up a blog for my family. Just wanted to say hey!

    ReplyDelete