12.04.2011

weekend update

     Over the weekend I decided that it's time to share a few personal things with you all. Nothing nitty gritty really. Just stuff that lets you know I am real. Typically I write more with analogies of spiritual truth I'm grasping and its practical application [to my life in particular]. But I've not written much about personal things in my life, which I would love to do. Being real and authentic is something that I've striven for since some time around my freshman year of junior high school. (West Memphis groups grades differently than most school districts ... in the entire United States...)
     Personally, I just did something HUGE. Yes, I had twins, but this is almost just as huge. I registered to run a half marathon with my friend Julie for the last weekend of April. This morning I also invited my friend Megan, who lives in Texas, to register and join us in this great feat. And now, I'm going to personally invite YOU to join us if you dare. Cause here's the deal:  I am not a runner. The last time I ran consistently was in high school because I HAD to for sports. But I told a few friends that after I had the girls I would become a runner, and now I want to be held to it. Whether you run with us or not, I am at least inviting you to keep me accountable. I will keep you updated with my progress, so stay tuned. It should be interesting!
     The older I'm getting, the more I'm beginning to realize why 'those old people' liked to just sit around together during the Holidays. I am so looking forward to doing just that with my family in Arkansas over Christmas. Quality time is where it's at for me when it comes to love languages. Presents/gifts are definitely NOT my love language. I don't think I'm terribly great at giving gifts because I'm either 1) thinking about a million things at once and become sidetracked/absent minded and let that 'special date' slip up on me before I realize it or 2) trying SO hard to do the most thoughtful thing imaginable that I spend too much time thinking and too little time doing that I end up having to half way do what I originally planned (at least half way to my standards). I'm not that great at receiving gifts either because more often than not I get this wave of awkwardness that I desperately try to fight, particularly if the gift is unwarranted. I guess I just feel that if you love me, then just simply being with me is enough. :) And especially now that I'm a mom, I'd much rather just have people bless my girls because that blesses me.
     Last, Zekers (our little wuppers (dog)) finally got a bath! I think he's maybe had one since the girls were born ... ha! Oopsie. He knows that he's loved, right?!

2 comments:

  1. Awww zeekers I'm glad you finally got a bath. And I agree! The best is quality time. Especially with you my friend. It's always a party when camie's in the house! :-) love ya! Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Cam. Some of our family is running the Little Rock Half Marathon in March. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete