7.26.2013

ze vinners.

If you’ve never given StitchFix a little look-see, then you may not know that you get sent five items in a box ranging from jewelry to blouses to skirts to shorts to jeans to scarves… etc. Women’s. Apparel. And they unknowingly make it in to a game where you get not only $20 off your order from your styling fee, but also a 25% discount if you keep all five items. THEN if you refer friends, you also get a $25 credit for every friend who tries it out. So, you get MEGA bonus points for wearing and sharing. :) Cause sharing is caring, right? So, these past two fixes I have been SO close to keeping all five items. I mean oh so close. But there is always just this one that I absolutely CAN NOT justify. I mean, y’all, the struggle is REAL to want to keep all five items and get that discount! But alas, only two survivors outlasted this present struggle. The three that got away were a pretty neat maxi dress that just wasn’t quite long enough for these ol legs of mine, a long gold coin medallion necklace, and a pair of army green cargo shorts. (They really were cuter than they sound, I just couldn’t get past feeling like I was in junior high again.) The two that made the cut were:


So we’ve got some Ikat and Aztec prints going on up in the Camie Risinger wardrobe now. If you follow me on Pinterest, you may have noted some crazier pins of edgier styled items, because I do wish to work that in a little to keep me not-so-serious. Steve will not allow me to buy the insane wedge sneakers that I somehow have a not-so-secret love/hate relationship with these days. BUT he did encourage this purchase of the off white and aztec print v-neck! Which in shape and cut isn’t THAT edgy (it’s actually quite flattering and extremely comfortable), but the print … let’s be honest. Who’s going to be wearing that print in two years?! No. One. Not one body. And I KNOW I will look back and say, "WHYYYY in the world did anyone let me wear that?” But hey. A trend is a trend, and it’s fun to jump on the bandwagon instead of running along beside it all out of breath and whatnot. So here’s to a trendy splurge. 




Now that black Ikat print blouse is a bit more classic to me because it is black after all. And the print is so small that it can be paired down with a jacket or cardigan and not be glaring at you with the trendy evil eye. It’s got a cute little pocket and gold shiny button closure for the keyhole in the back. And I really enjoyed the detail of the neckline almost looking and feeling like a really soft tee.




So, there ya have it. Two more shirts that are totally wearable for summer and even layered up into the fall and early winter months! Cheers to year round wearability! Thank you, StitchFix. You gals rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment