6.05.2010

heartache and hope

God points to nature and says, "take care of it." Nature points to God and says, "Be aware of Him! No one else is greater." My heart aches for the oily disaster in the Gulf. Beautiful awe-inspiring creation is now devastated by a life-taking swamp of petroleum. I'm learning that when my heart is on the brink of discouragement because of the now, I am to remind myself of the future. Though the battle is apparent in a very physical way on creation, it is and always will be spiritual at its core.

This is my Father’s world
O let me ne’er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong, 
God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father’s world: 
the battle is not done.
Jesus Who died shall be satisfied,
And earth and Heav’n be one.

1 comment:

  1. Another song that I love, that reminds me of the future is called Home, by Kondo Simfukwe.
    We sing it at my church in Korea. Love it!

    http://hisfameministries.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/home.pdf

    ReplyDelete