8.03.2012

thoughts on #3

Headed in to week 18 of this pregnancy still seems surreal. Busyness with babies and meals and garage construction keep my mind everywhere else but on having a new babe growing. Some days pass by and I don’t even think about being pregnant, or I come to the end of the day and wonder why I am so tired. Ha! Crazy, right?  Last pregnancy there wasn’t a day from the beginning to the end that I didn’t feel, look, act, or smell pregnant! It is true. Every pregnancy is different; one to the other, person to person.

I do find myself getting nervous butterflies about finding out if it’s a boy or girl. The anticipation only grows even more intense because I know we could know today if we had a sonogram. We could’ve possibly known two weeks ago! But alas, we have to wait until August 27th. I would be lying if I told you that we have no preference. We would (Steve for sure) be stoked for it to be a little Steve growing in there. But there is also some wonder and excitement about having another little girl. We already have two crazy, very different little squirrels. What would the third one be like?

Oh well. Here are a few fun facts and comparisons to start your weekend off with a laugh:

Pregnancy #1 @ 9-10 weeks: I was already gaining weight and using the trusty rubberband pants closure method. Appetite was gone. Everything smelled foul. Skin was breaking out like a 13 year old.
Pregnancy #2 @ 9-10 weeks: No one knew we were pregnant, and I could’ve gone to bed at 3:30 every afternoon from being so tired. Appetite remained. The smell of our car was the only smell that got on my nerves. No pimples!

Pregnancy #1 @ 18 weeks: Two words. Maternity. Clothes. Definitely felt babies move. Definitely put on the pounds. Definitely looked preggers. Definitely emotional about everything. Usually wanted chocolate chip cookies.
My best friend Lindsay (aka: “Loopy”) and I (around 18 weeks) in true form. Look at those little bellies!

Pregnancy #2 in the 18th week: You may not be able to tell that I am pregnant depending on what I’m wearing. I dug out one maternity shirt last weekend because it was soft and long. Praising the Lord to still be wearing normal clothes. Feeling little babe move every now and then when I sit still. I don’t cry. I get mad. And I could polish off a jar of jalapeƱo peppers every day.

August the 9th I’ll be going in for a check-up. August 14th and 15th girls get their shots and have their one year check up. Then on the 27th we’ll see if we have a little brudder or sissy bell! And in between all of that we have family time and friend time and church time all up in the mix. Here we go August! Let’s get this party started.




1 comment:

  1. Camie! Since I'm not part of the Facebook scene anymore, I missed out on the fact that you were expecting again! That's really super-special. :) It's been awhile (uh, like four years ago?) - I hope you and Steve are well!!

    Kellie
    www.nothinglessthanbread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete